The brand and word “Globalcitizen” has trade mark protection in many countries around the world. Various GlobalcitizenTM trade marks are owned by either Globalcitizen Holding LTD or one of its associated entities. The law obligates trade mark owners to police their trade marks and prevent the use of confusingly similar names by third parties. Through this policy we’d like to make it clear how Globalcitizen-related projects, organizations, and people can use the GlobalcitizenTM trade mark. We’d also like to be clear about how use of the word is restricted when used to promote commercial GlobalcitizenTM branded services. We do this to protect the very business model that allows us to continue developing our GlobalcitizenTM software platform for you.
1. Allowed uses of “GlobalcitizenTM“
The following uses don’t require any permission at all:
- Referring to the Organization, or the Services or the Globalcitizen Digital Software Platform as the “GlobalcitizenTM branded organization” or the “GlobalcitizenTM branded servicies” or the “Globalcitizen DigitalTM branded platform”
- Describing your own implementation of the GlobalcitizenTM software platform (including within corporate settings).
- Describing a Globalcitizen-based community hub.
- Describing certain services you’ve made that integrates with GlobalcitizenTM branded services.
2. Restricted uses of “Globalcitizen”
The following uses are generally prohibited without explicit and direct permission being granted to you by Globalcitizen Pty Ltd. We do this to protect the GlobalcitizenTM project from software and sites which could confuse people. Please contact us to ask for permission in writing.
- You can’t use any “Globalcitizen” logos without prior written consent from Globalcitizen HQ.
- You can’t use “Globalcitizen” in the name of your software (including Mobile apps).
- You can’t use “Globalcitizen” in your company name.
- You can’t use “Globalcitizen” in your domain name.
- You can’t use “Globalcitizen” in advertising-related keywords (such as Adsense).
- You can’t use “Globalcitizen” to describe services around Globalcitizen (such as hosting, training, support, consulting, course creation services, theme development, customisation, installation, integration, analytics and certification) that cause consumers to be confused that you are associated with Globalcitizen HQ if you are not. This applies even if you do not charge for the services. Note that usually only Globalcitizen Partners Worldwide have this permission.
3. The GlobalcitizenTM Brand
Our brand guidelines provide information about the overall brand framework, basic elements and messaging. The guidelines are an important tool in ensuring that the GlobalcitizenTM brand is presented and expressed correctly and consistently across applications. Your help doing this is invaluable and will help build an even stronger GlobalcitizenTM brand now and for the future.
4. The Globalcitizen Partner Certification Mark
The below logos are certification marks or trademarks owned by Globalcitizen.Use of these marks are restricted to Globalcitizen Premium Partners, Globalcitizen Partners and Globalcitizen Resellers only, and can only be used to refer to currently certified Globalcitizen Premium Partners, Globalcitizen Partners and Globalcitizen Resellers as applicable. Please contact us if you have questions about your proposed use or to clarify anything listed here.